Position: Instrutional Systems Designer (ISD)
Washington, DC Metro
Dependent on contract
Minimum of a High School diploma or a General Education Degree (GED)
Note that a Bachelors degree with 5 years' experience can substitute for the Masters' requirement following.
Certificates and Licenses
- Dependent on contract
Bloomsburie seeks an Instructional Systems Designer who:
- Is proficient in needs assessment, gap analysis, selection of instructional strategies, and associated media.
- Is proficient in the conversion of classroom/instructor-led training to a virtual platform and the use of its tools, such as with Cisco WebEx, Teams, or Adobe Connect.
- Uses ADDIE methodology, Instructional Systems Design (ISD) and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of Kirkpatrick's levels of evaluation as well as motivation theory (e.g., Keller's ARCS model).
- Works with eLearning rapid development tools such as Articulate Storyline or Captivate, as well as Adobe creative apps (Creative Suite/Creative Cloud).
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop content for appropriate audiences with minimal supervision.
- Works independently and lead projects as well as working in a collaborative team environment.
At a minimum, the Instructional Systems Designer will have:
- A Master's degree in instructional technology education, or equivalent discipline, with a minimum of 2 years' experience developing online interactive eLearning courseware (Bachelors degree will substitute with 5 years' experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Be highly organized with strong time management skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and project team at all levels
- Experience in learning management systems, SCORM, and Section 508 compliance design requirements
Bloomsburie welcomes both union and non-union candidates to apply and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bloomsburie is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive base pay, with potential for performance-based bonuses.