Bloomsburie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructional Systems Designer
Washington, DC Metro
Bloomsburie is looking for Instructional Systems Designers for the development of engaging e-learning interactive courseware.
Successful candidates will:
- Be proficient in needs assessment, gap analysis, selection of instructional strategies, and associated media.
- Be proficient in the conversion of classroom/instructor-led training to a virtual platform and the use of its tools, such as with Cisco WebEx, Teams, or Adobe Connect.
- Use ADDIE methodology, Instructional Systems Design (ISD) and adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and application of Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation as well as motivation theory (e.g., Keller’s ARCS model).
- Work with e-learning rapid development tools such as Articulate Storyline or Captivate, as well as Adobe creative apps (Creative Suite/Creative Cloud).
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop content for appropriate audiences with minimal supervision.
- Work independently and lead projects as well as working in a collaborative team environment.
- Master’s degree in, instructional technology education, or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 2 years’ experience developing online interactive e-learning courseware (Bachelors degree will substitute with 5 years’ experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Successful candidate will also be highly organized with strong time management skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and project team at all levels.
- Experience in learning management systems, SCORM, and Section 508 compliance design requirements.