Bloomsburie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructional Systems Designer
Washington, DC Metro
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in English, Communication, or relevant technical subject
Bloomsburie seeks an ISD to provide expert guidance on the best use of instructional technologies to enhance teaching of both online and blended foreign language courses. The ISD works closely with the Training Team to assess learner needs and styles, design effective approaches for the online component of learning, to include designing of activities, assessments, use of LMS, ensuring that appropriate technology solutions and technology accessibility are implemented.
ISD works with minimal supervision and is responsible for overseeing projects. Through the design process, the ID serves as an expert and project manager, establishes cooperation among various team-members, and tracks project milestones and delivery dates.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Advises in the selection and integration of instructional technologies
- Consults with Training Department staff and SMEs to support the design and the development of courses
- Assists Training Department to identify and to develop effective learning goals and course activities
- Establishes and manages resources to meet the project timelines
- Researches and develops materials on best practices in learning design, for use in courses and Training Department staff development
- Designs and implements Training Department workshops and one-on-one training on technology